Is Wealthy Affiliate The Real Deal?
You’re most definitely in the right place if you’ve been toying with the idea of starting an online business. That’s exactly where I was two years ago. I desperately wanted to have my own business, so I could work from home and set my own schedule, but I had no clue how to go about it. I dabbled in website design but had no idea how to monetize my site. I was also paranoid about getting scammed. I did check out a couple of programs, but the upsells and hidden fees drove me nuts. Nothing I tried ever clicked until I found the platform I’ll be reviewing today. Is Wealthy Affiliate the Real Deal?
In this post, I’ll be reviewing Wealthy Affiliate, an online certification course that teaches affiliate marketing. Does the word “affiliate” scare you? It did me at first, too. I remember thinking, “What in the heck is an affiliate?” Don’t let that word intimidate you. Anyone can be an affiliate marketer if they put their mind to it. If you have motivation, persistence and patience AND will go the distance, you will succeed. It’s the people that quit too soon that complain that internet marketing doesn’t work.
If others are achieving success online, you can as well. Don’t buy into the lie that success is just for the fortunate few. It’s all about dedication. In my opinion, Wealthy Affiliate is the best program I’ve fount that provides a step-by-step blueprint for building a thriving business on the internet. You can begin right now to start investing in your financial future.
Program Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Company Name: Wealthyaffiliate.com
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Program Effectiveness: Excellent
Price: A Starter account is completely FREE
A Premium membership is Free $29.00 monthly, if paid upfront annually
If you take advantage of the Black Friday sale every November, the cost per month is a mere $25.00
Easiest Way to Join: Click Here
An Online University For Marketers Of All Skill Levels
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is an online university that teaches affiliate marketing. An affiliate promotes a merchant’s products and earns a commission doing so. Monetizing your site with affiliate links excludes the need to sell your own products and services. Many affiliates, however do sell their own products and/or services in conjunction with affiliate marketing. Not only does WA provide the blueprint on monetization strategies and how to best implement them, it also provides unlimited support along the way.
Support is absolutely invaluable when learning a new skill. I can’t tell you how helpful it is to be able to contact Site Support when my website won’t load or some other frustration comes up. I love technology, but a glitch happens, it can be terribly aggravating.
The world has become so much smaller due to the internet. With 3.75 billion people online, anyone can tap into the endless opportunities to make money. Just think of all the thousands of people who are scouring the internet for information or are looking to buy products and services. You can capitalize on this by providing what consumers are looking for in your particular niche.
Over A Million Members To Date
Wealthy Affiliate has over a million members. Logic dictates that any community with that vast amount of members has to be legitimate. And why so many loyal members? Because Wealthy Affiliate delivers on it’s promise of offering quality, up-to-date training and support.
The company, which was formed in 2005, has not increased its prices in 12 years. This fact further points to the integrity of WA, and underscores their main objective of “first help others!” You’ll find the transparency refreshing.
You don’t have to be part of the community for long to realize that the owners, Kyle and Carson, are personally invested in helping the members of their community learn the skills that lead to success.
You’ll get a sense of this right from the beginning. We all know to some extent when something is off and if we’re getting scammed. I had an immediate sense of “this is where I belong” when I joined Wealthy Affiliate. Many other members have expressed similar sentiments time and time again.
Wealthy Affiliate’s model is straightforward: choose an interest or niche, build a website, learn search engine optimization and how to attract visitors, and earn revenue by monetizing your site with affiliate links and banners. See the graphic to the process:
Online Entrepreneur Certification Training
The certification course is user-friendly and easy to navigate. It will walk you through the steps you’ll need to implement to build a thriving business, in any niche of your choice, that will serve you for years to come. The training includes a 5-phase series, with 10 lessons in each phase, totaling a whopping 50 lessons. The 5 phases include:
- Getting Started
- Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website
- Making Money
- Mastering Social Engagement
- Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation
Here’s what you’ll learn in the Bootcamp course that includes 7 phases with 10 lessons within each phase:
- Getting Your Business Rolling
- Content, Keywords and Conversions
- Giving Your Site Social Value
- Get Visual, Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media
- Knowing Your Audiences and Catapulting Your Referrals
- Bing, Yahoo, and the Power of PPC
- How to Scale Successful PPC Campaigns
You can see how comprehensive the training is. There’s a lot to learn and you can do so at your own pace. Click on the links below for a more detailed view of the training courses:
The Reasons I Joined
- It’s Completely Free To Join : Hallelujah for no hidden agendas. We can all smell a rat when there is one. WA really is free to join and you’ll have access to many features, including two free websites using the Siterubix platform, lighting-fast hosting, and 10 training lessons from the certification course. More of what the free membership includes below.
Give Siterubix a try below. Type in a domain name you might want to use to see what it will look like with the siterubix.com extension.
- Support: I have spent many frustrating late nights trying to resolve website issues on my own. Having 24/7/365 support via Site Support, Live Chat and the community has been so awesome. What price can you put on unlimited support and encouragement?! And the best part is you get your questions answered within minutes. The owners themselves are available as well to answer any questions or concerns.
- Website Transfer: This was a big deal to me because I had two existing websites I needed to transfer. I was worried I was in for a time-consuming and complicated process. Fortunately, my worries were unfounded, and the entire process was quick and easy. The champs at Site Support couldn’t have been more helpful. You can also move websites from one domain to another, all websites are fully backed up minute to minute, and you’ll can set up unlimited domain emails.
- Having All My Websites In One Convenient Location: All of my websites are in the same place. I can’t tell you how convenient this is for me, and the headaches it has eliminated. And all I have to do is click the “log in” button, for whatever website I’m working on, and there I am in the back end of my WordPress site. I don’t have to remember any usernames and passwords, which has greatly cut down on my brain damage.
- State-Of-The-Art Hosting: All websites are hosting on high-powered servers. The caliber of the hosting alone is reason enough to join. I have five websites hosted through Wealthy Affiliate, which I pay $25.00 a month for, which is a steal. Do you realize that is only $5.00 a month for high-quality hosting for each of my sites? It’s unheard of. You’d pay three times that amount anywhere else for hosting that doesn’t rival WA’s. (Note: I take advantage of the yearly Black Friday sale.) There is also free SSL on all sites for quality security, website monitoring and maintenance, and comment spam management.
- Training Resources: This is where the rubber meets the road and where you’ll learn the blueprint for making money online. You can listen to the training videos as many times as you want, while implementing the concepts taught. The certification courses are conveniently accessible right from the WA dashboard. Click here to listen to the lesson “How To Make Money.
- Site Content: WA’s writing platform, Site Content, is a great editor for creating content, and has all the customization features you’ll ever need. Once you’ve finished an article, you can publish your post directly to your website where you can fine tune and edit it before sharing it.
[Read More: Site Content [The Ultimate Writing Platform]
- Jaaxy – Jaaxy is Wealthy Affiliate’s keyword research tools. I use it find optimal keywords for my articles, which is essential ingredient in getting found in the search engines. Jaaxy Lite is included in a Premium membership, and you’ll get 30 free searches with a Starter account. Jaaxy has other features as well, such as Site Rank where you can determine which of your posts are ranking in Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Type in any keyword below to see how it works.
[Read More: Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool Review]
- Weekly Live Video Training: Apart from the entrepreneur certification training, there are also weekly classes, videos and tutorials, along with specific trainings by the members themselves. These trainings augment the lessons provided in the certification course. After you complete the certification training, you can move on to the Bootcamp training where you’ll learn how to design and operate an affiliate website in the “make money online” niche.
- Affiliate Networks: This feature is new and makes it super convenient to find affiliate programs right from the WA dashboard.
- Image Optimization: This is also a new feature. Kraken is a plugin used to optimize images, and is automatically installed on all websites hosted through WA. This is a big deal because images can significantly slow down your website, which is a ranking metric, as well as a factor in the user experience of your site visitors.
You have nothing to lose by joining this online community. You can get your very own niche website up and running within minutes. It really is free to join, and you won’t be required to give out your credit card information, which has always been a source of irritation to me.
Build your first website and get a feel for what it’s all about! Then, if you want, you can join with a premium membership. It’s up to you – no pressure or obligation. If you join, like I did, within the first seven days, you’ll get the first month for just $19.00. A yearly membership, if paid upfront as opposed to monthly, breaks down to only $29.00 a month.
The Starter account is a great way to try the platform out to see if it’s something you want to do long term. I upgraded in the first 7 days because I could clearly see the value of what I would be getting and the price was affordable.
Here’s what you get with a free Starter membership:
- No credit card is required
- 10 free lessons from the certification course
- Build 2 websites on the siterubix.com extension
- Website backup
- Hosting for each site is included
- Hundreds of free WordPress themes
- 30 searches in Jaaxy
- Live help for 7 days
- 2 training classrooms
Here’s what you’ll learn in the 10 free lessons:
- Getting Rolling
- Understanding How to Make Money Online
- Choose a Niche
- Building your Own Niche Website
- Setting Up Your Website
- Getting Your Site Ready for Search Engines
- Creating Your Initial Website Content
- Creating Custom Menus on Your Website
- Understanding Keywords
- Next Steps
Premium Membership [What’s Included]
A WA Premium membership can be paid monthly or yearly, although you’ll save money if you opt to pay annually. A Premium membership gives you access to everything WA offers:
- Access to both the entrepreneur and Bootcamp trainings
- Build up to 50 websites
- State-of-the-art hosting
- Website backup and security
- Unlimited access to both the community and weekly live trainings
- Thousands of WordPress themes
- Unlimited domain support
- 24/7 access to Site Support and Live Chat
Who Wealthy Affiliate Is For….
WA is a good fit for self-starters who are willing to put in the work of building an online business with all its nuances, challenges and frustrations. They must possess fortitude and be in it for the long haul. Building a brick and mortar business takes time, and building a business on the internet is no different. It’s going to take perseverance and patience, and like any endeavor, you’ll be tempted to quit at times.
You’ll need resiliency because you’ll be putting it a lot of hard work before you see any profit. This is just the nature of affiliate marketing because it will take time for the search engines to recognize your site. With sustained effort, however, your website will begin to see more and more traffic, which will equate to more conversions and eventually sales. It takes a great deal of brain power to learn and implement new skills, but there will be many rewards along the way as well.
Wealthy Affiliate is the perfect fit as long as you understand how affiliate marketing works and you go in with your eyes wide open. It’s also great for people who love being a part of a community, and enjoy the camaraderie of like-minded people. This was a big plus for me because I like meeting new people from all over the world and enjoy learning from their unique viewpoints.
Who Wealthy Affiliate Is NOT For…
WA is not a good fit for those who need to make money quickly and join the platform with unrealistic expectations, as explained above. If this is the case, building a business will be highly frustrating, which is a recipe for failure. It’s also not for people who are unwilling to create content on a weekly basis. Affiliate marketing involves a lot of writing. No, you don’t have to be a professional writer, but you do have to have a desire to hone your writing skills to provide valuable content for your target market.
The training will teach you tips and tricks on how to be a better writer, how to format your content, and how to make it visually appealing, but it won’t work if you have an absolute aversion to writing and can’t do it for whatever reason. Having said that, many people at Wealthy Affiliate were initially scared of writing a blog post, but with practice discovered that they don’t mind writing and actually enjoy it. Writing is creative and most people enjoy creativity.
Check out these success stories from Wealthy Affiliate members:
Is Wealthy Affiliate The Real Deal?
If you’d like to dive into the world of affiliate marketing, Wealthy Affiliate is likely just what you’re looking for, especially if you enjoy a community feel. It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme that promises overnight success. You’ll have to work hard and be dedicated, but with consistent time and effort, you’ll see it is possible to build a profitable online business. You won’t get something for nothing, but you will get out of it what you put into it.
There is so much to learn at Wealthy Affiliate, but it’s broken down into easy-to-follow modules with checklists to gauge your progress. You can choose how much time you put into your business. Do you have two extra hours a day you can devote to writing and working on your website? Or maybe you’re retired, and would love to spend several hours working.
Whatever you’re situation, your consistent efforts will pay off. I hope my honest review of Wealthy Affiliate University has provided you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Learn more by watching the video below:
Do you have any questions, comments or concerns? Let me know in the comments:)