Wealthy Affiliate’s Certification Course – An Insider’s View [Part 2]
Ever considered dipping your toes into the world of affiliate marketing? If so, you’re in the right place. In this post, I’m going to share with you the best online platform to teach you the skills needed to run a successful online business. Create a thriving affiliate marketing business by learning how to build your own niche website, create informative, keyword-rich content, optimize your site to earn revenue, and generate a steady stream of traffic to your website. All this can be yours by enrolling in Wealthy Affiliate’s certification course.
Just to recap, Wealthy Affiliate’s (WA) training course is composed of five levels. Within each level are 10 individual lessons, for a grand total of 50 lessons.
In Part 1 of this post, I outlined the first three levels of Wealthy Affiliate’s certification course. I will now outline the individual lessons in level four of the training.
Level 4 – How To Master Social Media
Lesson 1: What Does Social Engagement Mean To Your Business?
- The importance of social media marketing
- How to promote ads on your social networks
- Create social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Why you shouldn’t rely on just one source of traffic
There are numerous benefits to being active on social media. It’s an incredible way to build your brand, authority, trust, and reputation, diversify your reach, tap into the viral nature of being social, allow others to share your content, generate traffic to your website, potentially get new clients, and increase your rankings.
Social media is essentially free advertising so there’s really no reason not to take advantage of this exceptional marketing avenue. There isn’t a better way to communicate, share, and engage with your target audience.
Lesson 2: Making Your Website A Place To Engage
- Your website’s ultimate goal – engagement
- Diversifying your traffic sources
- The importance of comments and how to manage them
- The power of engagement
- Install a social plugin on your website
- Create a new post and share it on social media
The ultimate goal of your website is engagement. Being active on social media is one of the most effective strategies to increase engagement and dialogue on your site. A fantastic way to do this is by encouraging comments, and then responding to each comment you receive. Don’t underestimate the power of comments as Google uses them as a ranking metric.
At the end of each blog post, always include a call-to-action, inviting people to leave their comments in the form of questions, perceptions, or suggestion. People are much more likely to perform a task if you ask them to.
Lesson 3: Using Facebook The Right Way
- The two aspects of Facebook – likes and followings
- How to build a following and extend your reach
- The “Time vs Value” concept
- Create a “Fire Starter” update
- EdgeRank and why engagement will extend your reach
There are six aspects of engagement that will positively affect your activity on social media, including adding images and videos, controversial content, negative and positive posts, and topical status updates. Boost your engagement by meeting these six criteria on a regular basis.
Lesson 4: Pinterest And The Visual Social Hemisphere
- Pinterest focuses on the social element of images
- How Pinterest can increase your conversions
- How to pin, re-pin, and create boards
- Pin your latest blog post to Pinterest
- Follow at least 10 people
- Always include images on your site to add visual appeal
Pinterest is the fastest growing social media platform in the history of the internet. Leveraging Pinterest will help you grow both your following and your traffic, boosting both conversions and sales. A good rule of thumb is to pin every article you write. This marketing strategy will eventually become a habit.
Social media is an amazing way to leverage the masses, gain exposure, improve your rankings, and potentially allow your content to go viral. The goal is to use social media in a way that grows your business, without wasting your time.
[Read More: Boost Your Bottom Line With Tailwind]
Lesson 5: Incorporating A Sound Tweeting Campaign
- Have a conversation in 140 characters
- Learn the fundamentals of Twitter
- The importance of tweeting, re-tweeting, and using hashtags
- Create a Twitter account
- Tweet at least one of your posts
- Tweet a trending discussion
Twitter is a phenomenon in the social media sphere, and continues to roll out additional features to increase engagement. Understanding a few fundamentals is crucial to your success.
One fundamental action is to get in the habit of tweeting every post and article you write, get comfortable using hashtags and keywords, target trending topics, regularly engage in conversations, be positive and upbeat, and most of all, be active!
If you’d like more information on tweeting, watch this video: “How To Compose A Tweet.” You’ll learn how to compose a tweet, when and why you should be tweeting, how to use hashtags, how to tweet a page or post from your website, and how to shorten links.
Lesson 6: Google Plus or Minus?
- Google owns Google +, which owns search
- Create a Google + account
- Post an article to Google +
- Follow at least 10 WA members
- Share your account on the feedback thread
When you take into account that Google owns 65% of all searches on the internet, and 98% of mobile searches, you’ll understand the importance of Google Plus.
Every post you share on this platform will be ranked in the search engines, improving your website rankings and authority. Make an effort to post both images and videos for optimal conversions.
[Read More: Is Video Marketing The New Blogging?]
Lesson 7: The Benefit Of Being Social At WA
- The benefits of creating content in Wealthy Affiliate
- WA content gets indexed quickly in Google
- Create a progress post within WA
- Share your post on Facebook
- Create a post targeting one new keyword
Content within Wealthy Affiliate gets indexed and ranked within minutes. This is because Google deems Wealthy Affiliate an authority site. Rankings are important to grow your business, and drive traffic to your site. Tap into this Google powerhouse, by sharing your content regularly inside WA, and interacting with other members’ content.
Lesson 8: Make Your Campaigns Social Branding Animals
- The importance of writing content people want to read
- Engagement helps Google rankings
- Interaction is more important than selling, and will actually improve conversions
- What is the “Brand Effect?”
- Create a new post and share it to Facebook, Twitter, and Google +
Everyone craves communication and connection. People love feedback and input from others.It’s just part of being human. Capitalize on this aspect, and your social media campaigns will be successful.
Comment on content you find fascinating, and encourage interaction on your own content. This will, not only foster connection and relationship, but will be a vital component in building your business.
Lesson 9: Using The Wealthy Affiliate Social Community
- There are four ways to engage within Wealthy Affiliate
- Creating a network of friends
- Helping people in live chat and comments
- Creating and sharing content
- The Ambassadorship Program
- Share a training resource to Twitter
WA is a social community where you can grow a network of loyal followers, give and receive help, create and share content, and learn from the content other members post. You can even earn money for your efforts in the form of affiliate commissions.
Wealthy Affiliate prides itself on being a pay-it-forward platform where active members are rewarded. Being active doesn’t mean you have to be an expert in affiliate marketing, you just need to create a social presence within the community. This is what the Ambassadorship program is all about.
Lesson 10: You Cannot Be A Master Of Everything
- Learn ways to use social media to your advantage without wasting your time
- The best time to use social media
- Make a list of your various networks, and the reasons why you’re using them
- Pick which social networks you want to be the most active on – put the others in “Share Only” mode
- Create content on an ongoing basis and share it to four of your social media accounts.
[Read More: 6 Reasons Quality Content Is King]
Your top priority will always be to produce quality content. You’ll then want to share it on social media. People are more likely to share and engage with high-quality content. The key to social marketing is engagement so don’t forget to create conversations with others.
Don’t get distracted by social media to the point you neglect creating content. Content is what will allow your business to grow. Build first, and then socialize.
Wealthy Affiliate’s Training
Social media marketing is one of the best ways to grow your business and brand. There isn’t a better way to get your content in front of millions of people. The training at Wealthy Affiliate will teach you the ins and outs of how to make social media work for you.
[Read More: Is Wealthy Affiliate Legit Or A Scam]
Create your free account here to get started learning the marketing methods you’ll need to become a successful internet marketer. The perks of having an online business are amazing, including the ability to work from anywhere, set your own hours, be your own boss, and live a life that you design.
Wealthy Affiliate’s training course, for affiliate marketers, is comprehensive, enjoyable to implement, and will help you build and grow a successful internet marketing business.
What are you waiting for? Create your free account today, and get one step closer to realizing the life of your dreams.
Are you interested in becoming an internet marketer? Let me know in the comments:)