How To Create A Free Website And Make Money Online [Tutorial]
Have you always wanted your own website, but didn’t quite know where to start? As luck would have it, you’re at the right place at the right time because I’m going to show you how to create a free website and make money from it. Websites are foundational if you want to run a successful online business. Let’s get started!
Building Your Own Website On WordPress
Many people don’t know this, but you can make your own website using WordPress. Sure, like anything there’s a learning curve, but once you figure out how to navigate the dashboard, you’re off to the races. Once you have your site up and running, you can easily maintain it, and also monetize it. Affiliate marketing is the method in which I monetize my websites.
Blogging is essential if your want to be a successful affiliate marketer. Your content, that is floating out there on Google and social media, is what will drive those reading it back to your website. Therefore, you need a website for your blog to function. In fact, WordPress originally started out as a blogging platform.
A website is also necessary if you want to showcase and market products and services. Let’s say you blog about specific features of a product you’re selling. Someone out there in Cyperspace reads your blog post, and clicks a link, which leads them to your website. They’ll then have the option to purchase whatever it is you’re selling. See how blogging is a vital marketing strategy?
[Read More: How To Build A Blog On WordPress]
Benefits Of WordPress
There are many good website builders out there. In my opinion, WordPress is one of the best. It’s a CMS, or content management system, with the intent of helping you display and organize content within your website. This doesn’t just include the articles you write. It also includes graphics, headers, logos, and videos. Anything that’s on your site is considered content.
Here’s a list of some of the other amazing features WordPress offers:
- Intuitive to set up and maintain
- It’s free
- Customization tools, such as, plugins and widgets make designing fun
- Thousands of themes are available
- No coding experience is required
- It’s search engine friendly
- Is optimized for mobile users due to its responsive themes
- WordPress is open source, meaning there are no commercial restrictions
Wealthy Affiliate’s Website Builder
I’m a member of Wealthy Affiliate, an online university for affiliate marketers, that uses WordPress for website creation. You can begin building two free websites, either on your own domain that you’ve previously purchased, or on the SiteRubix platform when you set up a free account at Wealthy Affiliate.
Give it a try today. You have absolutely nothing to lose by joining, and you won’t have to fork over your credit card to get started. That’s what sold me!
[Read More: Is Wealthy Affiliate Legit Or A Scam?]
In addition to the features I outlined above, you’ll also receive the following benefits when you build a site on Wealthy Affiliate’s SiteRubix platform. Their advanced technology includes:
- SiteManager: This feature enables you to view all your sites within one easy location
- SiteContent: An amazing writing editor to create your posts and articles
- SiteBuilder: This is where you’ll build your site
- SiteDomains: This is where you’ll choose and purchase your domains. (Cost for a domain name is around 15 bucks annually.)
[Read More: Site Content [The Ultimate Writing Platform]
If you decide to upgrade to a Premium account, you’ll receive the following exclusive technologies designed to make your sites lightening fast and secure. This is a big deal because slow websites don’t receive as much traffic, which ultimately leads to lower conversions and sales.
- SiteSpeed: The will make your site load quickly
- SiteProtect: Your site will be protected from hackers and spammers
- SiteSSL: Enables privacy and data integrity between internet applications
- SiteComments: An awesome platform where you can offer and receive comments on your blog posts
- SiteFeedback: Get valuable feedback on your website layout and design
- SiteSupport: Technical support for troubleshooting website issues
Tutorial: How To Create A Free Website And Earn Money
Here’s a short tutorial on how to create a free website within Wealthy Affiliate:
1. Create your free account here
2. On the dashboard, click on “SiteBuilder”
2. There are two ways to build your two free websites: on your own domain or on the SiteRubix platform.
I’m choosing a free domain for this tutorial.
Now choose a domain name for your website. Your domain name should correlate to your niche, which is the segment of the population you plan to educate and market to. In this case, it would be to anyone that loves hockey.
You can try it out below. Your first domain choice may not be available so play around with word choice and arrangement until you come up with a domain you’re happy with, and that is available. Remember to not put spaces in between words. As an example: ilovehockey.siterubix.com.
Have fun choosing different domain names for your site. Domain selection is included right within Wealthy Affiliate, making it super convenient.
[Read More: How To Find A Domain Name The EASY Way]
3. It’s time to choose a name for your website.
If your domain name is “ilovehockey.siterubix.com,” your website name would be I Love Hockey. Don’t stress too much about it as you can always change it later.
4. The next step is to choose a design for your site. There are literally thousands of themes available, approximately 2500, in fact. Play around with a few to get a feel for what’s available. I have always used free themes, but WordPress offers paid themes as well.
As a starter member, you’ll have access to 12 quality themes.
Now click on the theme you have chosen.
Click the green button to build your site.
Log in and start customizing.
Congratulations, your site is up and running!
Make good use of plugins and widgets, play around with your header, footer, and sidebar, and edit the menu. You can always change your theme if you decide you don’t like the one you chose.
Be sure to include “Blog” in your menu. This is an essential feature as you’ll be creating content weekly.
It’s really that easy to create a WordPress website. Learn more by visiting Wealthy Affiliate’s “Building Your OWN Niche Website” tutorial
WordPress is a robust and powerful website builder, allowing anyone to create a free website within minutes. Thousands of themes and plugins are available, which will enable you to customize your site, making it uniquely yours. Everything you need, from domain registration, to site building, to website hosting, is right within the Wealthy Affiliate dashboard.
You’ll also learn valuable skills essential to running a successful affiliate site. What are you waiting for? Wealthy Affiliate really is the best one-stop-shopping platform out there. Sign up for free today!
If you have a website, what platform did you use to build it? Let me know in the comments:)