Pinterest is my favorite social media platform. Since it’s a visual platform and all about images, it makes sense to optimize your pins to get the biggest bang for your buck. Tasty pins is a powerful, yet simple-to-use WordPress plugin that helps you optimize your images for SEO, and capture organic traffic from the hugely popular, and massive search engine, Pinterest.
Tasty Pins is great for SEO because the plugin adds an additional description box on your images without messing with the alt tag. You can see the detailed description below in the “Pinterest Text” box. This box is where you’ll also place your hashtags. Optimizing this description with targeted keywords will further enhance SEO.
Alt tags – or alternative text – are descriptions used within HTML code to describe what appears in an image. This not only helps the visually-impaired who are using screen readers to understand what the image is depicting, alt tags are also elements of SEO and web accessibility.
Pinterest and Google are the top search engines driving traffic to blogs so optimizing your posts for both these platforms is something worth doing. Google focuses on text, and although Pinterest is visual in nature, it too relies on original text that is keyword-rich.
Websites using alt tags strategically perform better in Google in terms of SEO, while the Tasty Pins Pinterest description box, provides additional information to optimize your pins for SEO.
[Read More: SEO Advice For Small Business Owners]
Benefits of using Tasty Pins:
- Add a description, within the Pinterest text box, for each image that is used.
- Add keywords and hashtags to the Pinterest text box to boost SEO.
- Pins can be hidden so they aren’t seen within a blog post.
- The alt text box is still used to describe the image for the visually-impaired who are using screen readers.
- There is an option within the plugin to disable images if you don’t want people to share them for whatever reason. For instance, Pinterest likes vertical images so if your image is square or horizontal, you’ll have the option to disable it. Or if you have advertisements, that appear as images, that you don’t want pinned.
- Utilize hover buttons to remind your readers to pin your images. These buttons can be disabled, as well.
- WordPress plugins are generally easy to use – Tasty pins is no exception. It’s also lightweight and won’t slow down your site.
- The cost for a yearly subscription is $29.00 with a 15-day, money-back guarantee and unlimited support.
- If you choose not to continue with the yearly plan, the plugin will still work, but no updates will be available.
Watch the video below for a visual tutorial of how the plugin works:
affiliate links ✔️
To use the plugin to hide images, scroll down in your WordPress editor until you see a box entitled “Pinterest hidden image.” You can add images to this box that you don’t want to show up on your blog post, yet they will still be pinnable.
Why would you want to hide an image? One reason is maybe you don’t want multiple images appearing on your blog post. These images, will however, show up in your Pinterest browser where people can pin them.
To hide an image, click “Select Image” – then fill in the “Pinterest Text” box under the “Caption” field. Include what the post is about, along with your chosen hashtags. Now provide a description of the image in the “Alt Text.”
Press “Select.” When you scroll up to your post, you’ll see that the image you just selected isn’t there. That’s because it’s hidden, but don’t worry it will still be pinnable, with all the SEO criteria filled in. That’s how the WP Tasty Pins plugin works.
That’s it! Tasty pins is super easy to use…
Building An Online Business
If you’d like to learn more about WordPress plugins, SEO, and social media marketing, READ MY REVIEW of my #1 recommended platform for learning internet marketing. Or click on the banner below to learn more.
There’s never been a more opportune time to build a business on the internet. What would it mean to you to be able to work from home and be your own boss?! Check it out today – you can get started for absolutely free – no credit care required.
You get double the fun with Tasty Pins, improving both your Google and Pinterest SEO. It’s simple to use and only takes a couple of extra minutes to optimize your images.
Do you use Tasty Pins? Have you noticed an upswing in your analytics? Let me know in the comments:)